If you want your videos to be seen, you have to take the appropriate steps towards improving your SEO (search engine optimization). The following are easy and effective tips that will help you optimize your videos using YouTube:
1. Upload lots of videos but don’t notify subscribers every time. It sounds silly to upload a video onto YouTube then disallow subscribers from getting notified, but keep in mind that constant and frequent uploads may be good for SEO but not necessarily for subscribers. If your subscribers receive too frequent of notification emails they may all end up in their spam folder or the subscriber might get annoyed with the overflow of emails and simply unsubscribe. Avoid “annoying” your subscribers by picking and choosing which ones to send out notifications for. When you’re uploading a video, first make it Private instead of Public. Then when it’s uploaded go to Advanced Settings and uncheck Notify Subscribers. Lastly change the video to Public and promote on social media. This way you’ll reach viewers and keep your subscribers.
2. Include a call-to-action in your video. It may seem straight forward, but directing your viewers towards taking an action after watching your videos is incredibly important. At the end of your videos make sure to let viewers know what action you want them to take, such as “Visit our website”, “Like our Facebook page”, or something more interactive like “Tweet us a question”. If it involves small effort on their end but leaves big impact on your end, everyone wins!
3. Make interactive videos. Interactive videos have a substantial audience, making up for over 10% of video views a month. So attract more viewers and improve your SEO by using video to respond to comments and Tweets, make a video FAQ, or raise questions and allow your viewers to answer them in the comments below. This is also a smart way to encourage sharing of your videos which obviously also helps better your SEO.
4. Pay attention to how much of your video is being watched. It’s true that the number of views is important on YouTube, but something to keep in mind is that YouTube’s ranking algorithm (aka what helps move your video to the top) also considers how much of each video is being watched. Use YouTube Analytics to figure out where in your video viewers stop watching and possible reasons why. Test your theories out with future videos and work your way towards longer viewership and ultimately, improved SEO.
5. Keep them watching. Studies show that the top 240 YouTube channels with the most subscribers have an average video length of four minutes and nineteen seconds. So no matter the content of your video-promotional, educational, informational, entertaining-keep them short buy cutting to the chase and your viewers will keep watching. Another tip is to create a playlist of related videos so that after watching one short but useful video, your viewers will want to watch more, giving you better SEO.
6. Consult a professional. You may be taking all these steps and more, and still not get the results you’re looking for. Sometimes it’s hard to figure out the right video marketing strategy if you’re not experienced. That’s where video production and marketing professionals, such as us, come into play. If you’re wondering how to get more viewers, keep them watching, and continue to create great content, contact Video One Productions for assistance. We help people achieve desired results every day. buy youtube favorites