For them an independent living facility with the companionship of others of their age is the best option. Also, with the booming number of IT professionals being forced to settle abroad, their parents had to search for a community giving lifestyle like their homes and also proper medical care called retirement home.
Retirement home, also called old people’s home differs from nursing home in the amount of medical care given. According to a census, the number of retirement homes in United States has increased from 11,000 in 2003 to 12,000 in 2010. Albuquerque retirement homes are in complete accordance with the housing market prices and laws which means they can be sold in the future. There is a wide array of Albuquerque retirement homes with several big and small real estate players to meet the budget and special needs of all.
A large number of seniors are now opting for independent living in the retirement homes instead of being dependent on their children. Far from the image of elderly, lonely people counting the last years of their life watching the sunset in solitude, these retirement home aims to give them an active lifestyle with the companionship of like-minded people and also the freedom to lead their day independently. Widows from affluent families to retired executive widowers, childless couples to businessmen whose children work abroad, all are pursuing their long forgotten hobbies in these homes.
The premises of Albuquerque retirement homes are designed wheelchair-friendly having anti-skid tiles and rails for the seniors to grab easily. There are arrangements for spiritual and social events to rediscover their life and not to consider it as an exile. They can spend their siesta after a lunch at a restaurant under the canopy, evenings in the gardens with their grandchildren and families, leisure-time in the clubs having arrangements to play cards etc. Volunteers and wellness staffs are available 24/7 to have constant health monitoring.
Most senior residents face the threat of Alzheimer’s disease which affects people above 65 years of age leading to dementia and complete loss of memory. While there is no cure of it currently, but there is caring and in the right approach it can lead to a high quality of life even in complete memory loss. Albuquerque Alzheimer’s care centres in association with experts on Alzheimer’s disease has relationship-centred approach by the caregivers. They provide individual care giving nutritive meals, honouring their earlier life and also helps them to remain calm and safe in these Albuquerque Alzheimer’s care centres.
Tips for Alzheimer’s care:
- With no successful medical treatment available, families and caregivers has to depend on pharmaceutical and psychosocial treatments.
- As the disease progresses, the patient’s ability to do daily chores decline and they become increasingly dependent. They become frustrated as their dignity is at stake. Help them to calm by giving them the chance to do as much possible with visual cues and little assistance.
- Reduce distractions while giving them simpler instructions and enough choices for doing work. They will take longer time, so caregivers must have patience.
- Each patient progresses differently hence individual care should be provided in Albuquerque Alzheimer’s care centres.
- Create a safe environment by adopting certain safety measures for the patient like placing of safety locks, providing handrails, keeping dangerous tools and utensils out of reach etc.
- Involve the patient in various recreational activities and exercises. Stimulation can improve behaviour to an extent.
- Discuss with the patient about his earlier life and job often with the aid of photographs, videos and audios. Reminiscence of past experiences might be beneficial. caregiver agency hiring