The microphone on the Xbox One controller has proven to be a frustrating issue for many Xbox One gamers. Many of them encounter this problem while using their headset to chat with their friends.
When you experience this problem, you may feel very annoyed. You cannot record your voice with your headset. You can hear what your friends are saying, but they cannot listen to you. So you won’t be able to communicate with them.
But don’t worry! Your microphone can still be fixed. The following tips should help. Many Xbox One users have used them to fix their microphones. Maybe they can do the same for you.
Fix No 1 – Perform A Basic Check on Your Controller and Headset
The first thing you need to do when you find your Xbox One microphone isn’t working is perform some basic troubleshooting.
- Make sure that your headset is connected correctly to your controller and your controller is correctly connected to your console. If you are not sure, connect your headset to your controller (plug the headset connector firmly into the port on your controller) and reconnect or resync the controller to your console.
- Unmute the headset if necessary. You can check your headset’s mute button or the Xbox One’s audio settings. In order for your voice to be more precise and louder, your audio settings may also need to be adjusted to increase the microphone volume.
- See if you can see anything wrong with your devices and cables from the outside. Additionally, you can test with another headset or controller or even a different console to determine where the problem is. You may have to have your controller repaired or replaced if you find any hardware issues.
Fix No 2 -Completely restart your Xbox One console
Problems with your Xbox One console may cause your Xbox One mic not to work. A reboot of your console should solve these issues. It may be possible to resolve your issue by restarting your Xbox One console.
- It will take about 10 seconds for your Xbox One console to shut down completely when you press the Xbox button on the front.
- Plug out your console’s power cord and leave it unplugged for 10 seconds. The Xbox One’s power supply will be reset.
- Connect the power cable to the console. You can now turn your Xbox on by pressing the Xbox button on the front.
- Make sure your microphone now works.
Fix No 3 – Replace Your Device or Repair It
When you find hardware problems, or if you can’t resolve the issue with the methods above, you should have your devices (your Xbox One headset, console, or controller) repaired or replaced. During the warranty period, you can contact Microsoft support or the vendors of your devices for help
You may consider buying a new device if the warranty has expired and maintenance is too expensive. To help you save more, you can use Coupert, an automatic coupon finder & cashback program.
If you’re in a hurry and want to take advantage of this offer, click the button below! What is it? The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has a 6.3-inch Infinity display and comes with a 4,000 mAh battery.
When you sign up and download the extension (for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari), you shop as you usually would. The extension displays an alert when you visit a site with available coupons. Click the ‘Apply Coupons’ button, and it will try all the coupons to find the one that gives you the most significant discount, then apply it automatically. That way, you get the best available discount without having to lift a finger!